When an Outlook user is connected to Exchange Server through his Exchange profile, exporting the mailbox items to PST format is not a difficult task. You can do this manually.
- Open MS Outlook with the Exchange account and click File menu.
- Select Open & Export, and then click Import/Export. The Import and Export Wizard opens up; click Next.
- Select Export to a file from the list; click Next.
- Again select Outlook Data File(.pst); click Next.
- Also, select the folders to export. Check Include subfolders checkbox; click Next.
- Provide the file saving location and saving option and then click Finish.
Are you getting ‘OST configured with a different mailbox’ error?
Sometimes Outlook users, while trying to access an OST mailbox, may get an error message, ‘OST cannot be accessed because it has been configured for use with a different mailbox.’ This can happen while trying to open Outlook with a different account. In this case, you need to login to Outlook with the same user account as that of the OST file. Otherwise, you need to use third-party tools to access OST files, and to convert them to PST format. After conversion to PST format, OST files are easily accessible in Outlook without any Exchange profile issues.
How to export OST to PST without Exchange account?
OST to PST tool helps Outlook users to search and find all the OST files of the system without any Exchange profile or Exchange connection. With this OST recovery tool, they can export OST files to PST and other platforms.
- Converts OST to PST without Exchange connection.
- Searches and finds all the OST files on the system.
- Gives a complete preview of the OST file without any Exchange account.
- Converts multiple OST files to PST.
- Saves OST data to Exchange Server, Office 365, Gmail, & more.
- Generates complete OST file analysis reports completely free.