PST files, commonly known as Outlook data files, are the backbone of MS Outlook and store the user mailbox data. Many users have multiple Outlook data files, and sometimes they need to access their data in one place. For such a requirement, they need to manage multiple PST files and merge them. Here are the manual and automated methods to merge Outlook PST files.
Manual Method for Merging Outlook PST files
There are two steps to merge Outlook data files into one and access its data through Outlook, which is as follows:
Step 1: Create a new blank Outlook PST file
To create a new PST file, follow the below steps:
- Launch the Outlook application and click on New items – More Items – Outlook Data File.
- Provide a destination for the new PST file and name it.
- Click on Ok, and a new PST file will be generated.
Step 2: Import data from multiple PST files to the new PST file
Here users need to import data from multiple PST files to the above newly created PST file using the Import/Export feature of Outlook.
- Open Outlook and go to the File tab, then click Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- In the next window, locate the PST file which you want to import; you can choose ‘Do not import duplicates’ from Options.
- In the next window, you have the option to import PST file data to sub folders or the same folder.
- Click on Finish to import data from the PST file.
In the same way, you can import data from more PST files to the newly created PST file.
Automated solution for merging multiple PST files
There are many third-party tools for merging multiple PST file quickly. For the same, one can refer to the Kernel Merge PST tool. It can merge multiple PST files created in different versions of Outlook; it can merge Contacts, Tasks, Calendar, Archive, and other folders too. Also, it supports all the versions of the Windows operating system.