Outlook PST is a proprietary file format from Microsoft, and so it isn’t easy to open it without using the MS Outlook application. But there are a few DIY methods, which allow you to open the PST file without MS Outlook.
- Migrate PST file using the GAMMO tool
- Save PST file in TXT format
- Open PST file in HTML
- Save PST file in MSG
- Use a free PST Viewer tool
Migrate PST file using the GSMMO tool
It is a free application provided by Google to migrate Microsoft Outlook data. It allows users to migrate all items including, emails, Contacts, Calendar entries, etc. from Outlook to G Suite. Follow the below-given steps to perform the Outlook to G Suite migration:
- Download and install the GSMMO tool.
- Sign in using G Suite credentials (login ID and password) and click Continue.
- Select from where to export data, MS Outlook/ Microsoft Exchange profile/PST file.
- Here we select the PST file to open.
- Select either Migrate all data or Migrate only new data (If you have already taken the backup). Click Next to continue.
- Specify which type of data you want to migrate – email, Contacts, Calendar entries, etc. Click on the Migrate button to start the migration.
- Click OK when the migration gets completed.
- Check if your data is migrated or not. Now, the user can open and view the PST data in Gmail.
Note: During the migration process, you can also pause migration.
Note: Save PST file in Gmail using a professional tool
To save the PST file in Gmail, I would like to refer a perfect third-party tool, Kernel Import PST to Gmail. The software allows you to transfer PST files not only into Gmail but also in other IMAP email clients like AOL, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.
Save PST file in TXT format
When you are using Outlook and want to share some emails with a person without Outlook, you can share it as TXT files.
Save PST file in HTML
When you are using MS Outlook and want to share emails, you can share it as HTML files also.
- Open Outlook application. Go to File tab and click on Save As option.
- Select HTML (*.htm; *.html) option and select location to save file. Click on the Save button.
- Now you can open the saved email in a web browser.
Free PST Viewer Tool:
You can never trust manual procedures, as they are lengthy and complicated. Here I would love to introduce a free third-party application to view data from Outlook PST file without using the MS Outlook application, Kernel PST Viewer.
Features and Advantages of Kernel PST Viewer Tool:
- The software is easy-to-use and free of cost.
- Allows viewing the PST file without using the MS Outlook application.
- View emails, attachments, Contacts, Notes, Calendar, etc.
- Search and find specific items using the filter option.
- Allows viewing deleted mails.
- View unlimited PST files for free.