Many Outlook users have their essential data in multiple PST files, and sometimes in different Outlook profiles. You know how it difficult it would be. Their Outlook experience can be more pleasant if they collect their data including emails, contacts, and calendar events from all the PST files and store them in a single PST file.
Yes, we can help you with this. There are two ways to merge your PST files into one:
- A manual approach to merge PST Files
- An automated approach to merge PST Files
Merge PST Files Manually
There are some manual ways with the help of which one can easily Merge PST files; we are going to discuss one of them.
This method involves two steps – first create a blank PST file and then import PST file data from multiple PST files to the new blank one.
- Create a Blank PST
Open Outlook and click on New Items > More Items > Outlook Data File.
- Provide a destination to your new PST file, name it, and click on Ok.
Import all PST file data to the new one
- Open Outlook and click on File Open & Export > Import/Export.
- A dialogue box will open, select Import from another program or file and click on Next.
- In the next step select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on Next.
- Now, click on the Browse button and select the new PST file for import. Check the box Do not import duplicates if required. Click Next.
- Check the box Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder <…..> if required and click on Finish.
In the same way, you can import data from more PST files in your newly created PST files.
Merge PST Files Using an Automated Tool
Automated ways are always easier and time-saving. And you can always count on them too. These tools are reliable and feature-rich, just like Kernel Merge PST. Let’s see how you can merge multiple files with this highly effective Merge PST tool.
- On the welcome screen, click on Add Files and add multiple PST files you want to merge.
- After adding all the PST files, check Merge (Merge Multiple PST files into a single PST file) and click on Next.
- In the next step, you will get a list of all the folders. Select the folders you want to merge. If you want to merge all of the folders, then click on Select All. Click on Next to proceed.
- In this step, you need to apply the filters to the files you are going to merge, like mailbox items, date range, duplicity removal, and much more. Select the destination for the new folder by clicking on the three dots (…) on the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Now the software will show you the merging process going on. Wait until it ends. You can stop the process by clicking on the Stop Processing button.
- Once the process is done, click on Ok and then click on Finish.
As we discussed in the blog, it is difficult to manage data when you have numerous PST files with you. So, you can think of merging all them together. Even though the manual method for merging PST files is easy to perform, people do not go for it. The reason is obvious that it is time-consuming and never guarantee 100% results. So, we would suggest going for the automated method using Kernel Merge PST for assured results.